• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nexus 4 device not appearing in the Android Device manager on the web

Avinash

Administrator
Staff member
The recently debuted lost my phone or track my phone feature from Android i.e Android device manager is giving me some issues.

My Nexus 4 device not appearing in the Android Device manager on the web. I tried everything that I know of like clearing cache, removing adding or activating deactivating service etc under Google settings on phone. The webpage says I need to add an Android device before I can start using this feature.

First make sure you have enabled the feature on your phone.

1. Open the App Drawer and select Google Settings Button (Green one with the gears symbol)
2. Tap on the last option there "Android Device Manager"
3. Disable "Remote Factory Reset Option"

Clear the App Data for Google Play Services, and Reboot. Enable the factory reset option under the settings and Try visiting this link again.

The Android Manager service must be turned on at the phone (by default, it is). You need to have location services enabled (they can’t be disabled from the lockscreen). The phone also needs to be conected to the internet, otherwise you won’t be able to locate it. I’m not sure if the police can locate the phone using the IMEI but you should check it (you can find the IMEI at the phone’s box).